Almost $1.8 million dollars in funding has been contributed to the Canterbury-Bankstown community in this year’s ClubGRANTS cheque presentation, which was held at Bankstown Sports Club today.
Recipients gathered in The Grand Ballroom alongside representatives of all of the clubs in our region, as 84 cheques were presented.
Bankstown Sports, together with Birrong Sports and Bankstown Bowls have contributed $510,140 worth of funding, well above our required ClubGRANTS quota for the 2016-17 financial year.
Some of the projects we have provided funding for this year include:
- Hospital Art Australia Inc – providing art as therapy to hospitals and nursing homes around the country
- The Shepherd Centre – funding the Confident ClassMATE, which is a transition and education program for children with hearing loss
- Creating Links NSW – funding for their Girls Space Program which empowers young women to be more aware of their health, self-esteem, self-development and body image
- Parkinsons NSW – providing art therapy classes for sufferers
- Bankstown Youth Development Service Inc – for the 4Elements Music Project, engaging young people in the local community
- Mission Australia – funding for the healthy relationships program Love Bites, which focuses on the prevention of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Coolaburoo Neighbourhood Centre Inc – supporting local carers in the Canterbury-Bankstown region
- Bankstown Community Resource Group Inc – funding for a Family Fun Day during National Families Week in May 2018
- Chester Hill Neighbourhood Centre Inc – to conduct 4 skate nights for local youth during the school holidays
- Bankstown Dementia Carers Group Inc – funding for the Moving Forward Together to Ease the Journey project, supporting carers and their patients in the local area
- Kookaburra Kids Foundation – providing respite and psycho-education for kids from the Canterbury-Bankstown area who are living in families affected by mental illness
- Padstow Community Care – funding for a new child safe community play area
Congratulations to all of this year’s funding recipients!